At The Last Meeting:
• The new shed has been put up and is looking good. Steve Pate chose to use a 20 x 18 structure as it will allow for the best use of space and money spent.
• Map adds are being collected and need to be turned in before the next county meeting, no later than the end of October.
• The club is beginning to ready trails for the winter season. The trail crossing Helen Rossin’s land will now go through the woods instead of along the edge of her field. This will be happening on the weekend of November 9th and 10th. As the new groomer is taller than the old ones the trails will be groomed higher this year too.
• The Winnebago Ridge Runners plan to use Collipp Worden Park to have the summer picnic, this decision has been made early as the park needs to be reserved at the beginning of the year.
• Nut orders are out and must be returned to Sue Mootz by October 26th (before the next meeting or Grass Drags) any questions contact Sue @ 608-697-2670 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mike Taft will be doing a thorough check and minor repair of the new groomer. Mike and Bill Cox will be having a groomer operating instruction session at the next club meeting (November 4th)
• Craig Mayne will be fixing the glass for the new groomer and adding the club’s insignia.
• The Grass Drags will be held November 2nd. Racing from 12 to 5, a 2013-2014 season club membership ($20.00) is required to race. Spectators are free. No four-wheelers are allowed. Food, soda, and hot chocolate will be for sale. To get to the races take Hwy 16 west to Hwy 127. Then Hwy 127 for 7.5 miles to Graack Road. Go west on Graack, follow the sign to the drags. Any questions call Doug Bearwolf at 608-697-0567
• Reminder club memberships are $20.00 per family and are due again. These can be paid to John Mills (Treasurer). John can be contacted at 608-617-8353
The next club meeting is November 4th at the groomer shed at 7:30pm.
Published: October 10th, 2013